As any player knows, lacrosse is more than just a game—it’s a way of life! The passion and determination lacrosse players bring to the field are unlike anything else. While the lacrosse game itself is amazing, the lacrosse player’s quotes really capture the sport’s true spirit.
Whether you’re a coach looking for motivational quotes or a player needing some inspiration, these lacrosse quotes will do the trick!
So without further ado, here are the top 30 lacrosse quotes every player must know!
1) “You can play lacrosse all over the world provided you know where the goalposts are.” —Peter Greenaway
2) “A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.” —Pre
3) “Lacrosse is fast-paced and I like fast-paced games. It’s demanding physically and has the hardest conditioning of any sport. You are always running if you are not sprinting. It’s constant movement.” — Aaron Gray
4) “If I had to go to war again, I’d bring lacrosse players.” — Conn Smythe
5) “There are two times of the year that stir the blood. In the fall, for the hunt, and now for lacrosse.”—Oren Lyons
6) “Lacrosse seems to be a sport of the future. Maybe it’s even become the sport of the now.”—Chris hall
7) “Lacrosse goals are attained not by strength but by perseverance.” — Felicity Luckey
8) “Although it will be an intense affair, we will all have fun and, in the end, the sport of lacrosse will be victorious.”—Gavin Prout
9) “There are guys who play lacrosse, and there are lacrosse players.”—Brendan Mundorf
10)”Great champions have an enormous sense of pride. The people who excel are those who are driven to show the world and prove to themselves just how good they are.”—Nancy Lopez
11) “Football is definitely a team sport. Without one person doing the right thing, the whole team falls. At Navy and in lacrosse, the off-the-field leadership comes into play, you know so if one person is slacking off, we’ve got everyone making sure everyone is pulling their own weight. It’s like that in football too.”—Sean Price
12) “If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard, you’ll be hard to beat.” — Herschel Walker
13)” The ultimate goal of lacrosse is to score goals. The more goals a team can score, the more likely they are to win a game.” — Kelly Amonte Hiller
14) “There was no publicity. You had to like it. There was no pressure, just great competition. The attitude of the coaches and players was exceptional.” — Jim Brown
15) “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference between lacrosse success and lacrosse failure.” —Felicity Luckey
16) “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”—Michael Jordan
17) “You can play lacrosse all over the world provided you know where the goalposts are.” — Peter Greenaway
18) “I don’t consider lacrosse a sport. To me that’s just a frat activity that got out of hand.” — Judah Friedlander
Best Lacrosse Quotes You Must Know Cont’d
19) “Every time we have a lacrosse match, another two or three kids come up and want to play. As long as we keep playing the games, we’ll keep growing.” — Mike Dubbelde
20) “Play hard. Play smart. Play together.” — Dean Smith
21) “I’m a lacrosse player and I’m not rowdy. I was an altar boy, The kids here know the difference between what’s on the field and off.” — Jack Moran
22) “I played street hockey in Riverside Park when I was a kid. I played goalie. I didn’t make the hockey team in college, so I played lacrosse instead.” —John Katzman
23) “Our goal was to bring lacrosse to Marion County. It’s different from football, basketball, and soccer. It’s something new here. The game is very exciting and it moves quickly.” — Yvonne Smith
24) “Lacrosse is also played by girls, and we haven’t headed down that road yet but we certainly wouldn’t turn away if there was interest. We just kind of got things going with the boys’ teams. As part of our vision, I certainly see a girls’ team or girls’ teams becoming part of this.” — Andy Shoop
25) “Lacrosse is like one of those diseases that comes through the family and infects everybody. It caught every one of us.” — Ted Wolford
26) “One of the biggest benefits of playing box for a young lacrosse player is in the development of lacrosse IQ. Because everyone plays with a short stick [in box lacrosse], you have to focus on being a complete lacrosse player versus specializing as an attackman or d-man. That is how your IQ grows and skills improve.”—Peter Lawrence
27) “It’s a family; lacrosse is not like any other sport, it’s more of a way of life.” — Adam Gardner
28) “I grew up with lacrosse in my life because my dad played lacrosse all throughout college, so I grew up with the gear in my house – like the sticks, the helmet.” —Tyler Posey
29) “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.”—Lou Holtz
30) “The more time you spend in lacrosse circles, the more you feel like teaching is a really good option to have. I’ve done lacrosse camps for seven years now and I really enjoy teaching and working with kids.” – Colin Doyle
That’s it for our roundup of the best lacrosse quotes! We hope you found these inspiring and motivational. Remember, if you want to be a successful lacrosse player, you have to be willing to put in the hard work. These athletes are living proof that with dedication and determination, anything is possible.
Do you have a favorite lacrosse quote that we missed? Share it with us in the comments below!